Cook Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 5 min
( Serves 2 )
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 whole medium onion (diced)
1 whole carrot (peeled and diced)
1 whole stalk of celery (diced)
2 whole garlic cloves (minced)
1 whole jalapeno (seeds removed, diced)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 dash salt and pepper
6 cup canned chicken broth
1 whole cooked chicken breast (shredded)
2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 half lime (juiced)
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add onion, carrot, celery and jalapeno and saute for about 5-8 minutes until softened and starting to brown.
- Add ginger, cumin, salt & pepper and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, let mixture come to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, cilantro, vinegar and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, serve hot and garnish with additional cilantro.