Low-Carb Spinach and Cheese Bread Recipe
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 5 min
( Serves 4 )
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
4 whole large egggs
salt and pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
dash cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning (optional)
- Thaw spinach, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Place the dry spinach in a bowl and break up into small clumps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment paper, or spray well with non-stick spray.
- Add remaining ingredients to spinach and stir to break up the spinach into small pieces and combine the ingredients well.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. For a tin flatbread, use a cookie sheet that measures 10x13 (the batter spreads out to about 1/4 inch in this pan). When it is cooked, the flatbread can be used like a tortilla to make wrap sandwiches. You can use a smaller pan to have thicker "bread" if desired.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until dry and turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven, loosen from parchment paper, let cool.
- Cut into desired serving sized pieces.
|Fat: 14.90 g||Cholesterol: 219.10 mg|
|Calories: 229.90||Protein: 19.10 g|