Buttermilk-Marinated Chicken Tenders Recipe
Photo Credit: Recipe Corner
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 15 min (plus marinating time)
( Serves 5 )
2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into tenders)
4 cup vegetable oil (for cooking)
For the Marinade:
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Breading:
1 1/2 all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoon buttermilk
- Combine the chicken tenders with all of the marinade ingredients, making sure the tenders are evenly coated with buttermilk and seasoning.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- Make the breading by combining the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk until well combined, then add the buttermilk and stir with a fork until mixture is evenly clumpy.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Coat each tender with breading and set on the baking sheet
- Line another baking sheet with a few layers of paper towels and set aside.
- Add oil to a large pan or pot until it’s high enough to cover at least half of the chicken.
- Heat over high heat until oil is shimmering.
- Place several chicken tenders in the hot oil without crowding the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, then flip and cook the other side. (You will likely need to do this in batches.)
- Set the cooked tenders on baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain.
- Wine: Chardonnay
- Side: Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe (click here)