Green Tea Chicken & Soba Noodle Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: Recipe Corner - Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 6 )
2 cup boiling hot water
4 whole green tea bags
4 cup chicken broth
1 whole red onion (diced)
1 whole large carrot (peeled, sliced thin with a mandolin)
1 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
1 whole large boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 whole garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free substitute)
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
3 ounce dried soba noodles
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped, for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine boiling hot water and 4 green tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for about 5 minutes. Remove tea bags from the bowl and set aside the brewed green tea.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a simmer over medium heat on the stove.
- Add red onion, sliced carrots, and mushrooms to the pot. Cover with a lid and allow veggies to simmer for 7 minutes.
- While the vegetables simmer, cut chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch chunks). Add the diced chicken to the pot of broth and vegetables. Continue simmering (with pot covered) for about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Sriracha, and green tea to the pot of soup. Stir until well-combined. Allow the soup to return to a simmer, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add soba noodles to the pot and continue cooking for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are tender.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Garnish each bowl with lots of fresh cilantro and serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator.