Photo Credit: Recipe Corner - Michael Melchiorre
Cook Time: 15 min
Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 12 )
2 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
2 whole large eggs
3 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound lump crab meat
3 whole hot pickled peppers, such as Peppadew (coarsely chopped)
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
12 whole slider buns
Garnish: tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients (butter, eggs, sour cream, parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne, and salt). Use a whisk to mix ingredients until well-combine. Gently mix in crab, peppers, and breadcrumbs.
- For each crab cake, shape 1/4 cup of the mixture into a patty, coat with cornmeal, and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate crab cakes for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook crab cakes in batches, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place each crab cake on a mini bun, pile on your desired toppings, and serve.