Photo Credit: Recipe Corner – Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 4 )
8 whole flour tortillas (6-8 inches)
2 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 tablespoon sour cream
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (or cooked chicken breast)
1 cup finely chopped onions
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
pico de gallo (optional)
blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Brush one side of each tortilla (8 total) with oil and lay dry-side up on a work surface.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Add shredded chicken, chopped onions, and Mozzarella cheese to the bowl and toss ingredients until well-combined. Set aside.
- Top 1 tortilla with 1/4 of chicken mixture, spreading it evenly from edge to edge. Cover with another tortilla so it's like a big circular sandwich. Repeat process with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture so you have a total of 4 quesadillas.
- Place 1 quesadilla in the waffle iron, close the lid and cook until tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes. Transfer quesadilla to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm while you make the rest. Repeat process with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with blue cheese dressing, salsa, and guacamole.