Photo Credit: Recipe Corner – Michael Melchiorre
Cook Time: N/A
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 4 )
6 ounce cream cheese
1/4 pound blue cheese
2 teaspoon unsalted butter
4 teaspoon onion juice
fresh black pepper
7 tablespoon heavy cream (plus more for texture)
7 tablespoon dry sherry
4 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno (plus more to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese and butter and mix with an electric mixer.
- To make the onion juice, grate onion with a fine grater and press through a sieve. (When you grate, do it on a cutting board that you can lift, because a lot of juice comes out when you grate.)
- Chop the jalapeno in a food processor, blending as fine as possible. (You can add a little of the sherry or cream if that helps.)
- Add the onion juice, jalapeno (or sriracha) and black pepper (to taste) to bowl of cream cheese.
- Add the cream and sherry to desired texture, and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with raw veggies. (Carrots, celery and daikon are all delicious!)