Asian Noodle Soup with Chicken and Snow Peas Recipe
Cook Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 4 )
1 dash coarse salt and ground pepper
8 ounce rice noodles
2 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 whole fresh lemongrass (smashed, or 3 sticks)
1 whole peeled fresh ginger (1 inch, cut into matchsticks)
2 whole boneless chicken breasts (skinless, thinly sliced)
8 ounce snow peas (trimmed and halved)
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (plus lime wedges)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 drop Asian chile sauce (optional, for serving)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain noodles.
- In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, lemongrass, ginger, and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until fragrant, 10 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain broth and return to saucepan.
- Add chicken and snow peas and simmer until chicken is cooked through and snow peas are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour soup over noodles.
- Top with mint, lime wedges, and chile sauce if desired.
- Wine: Chardonnay
- Main Dish: Mini Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites (click here)