Cook Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 15 min (plus drying time)
( Serves 10 )
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup popcorn kernels
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounce chocolate chips (of your choice)
1 dash milk or half and half
2 tablespoon sea salt (or until taste)
To Pop Popcorn:
- In a medium saucepan pour the tablespoon of oil and heat over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, throw in popcorn.
- Make sure all of the kernels are touching the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan and wait until you hear kernels start to pop.
- Once they start, grab the pan with one hand and grab an oven mitt or towel and hold down the lid.
- Pick up the pan and start to shake until all for a few moments.
- Return pan to the stove and repeat a few times.
- When the popcorn is done, turn off the heat and set aside.
To Make Chocolate:
- In a double boiler, or just a glass mixing bowl over boiling water, throw in the butter, chocolate chips and splash of milk or cream.
- Stir until melted.
To Assemble Popcorn:
- Pour the popcorn in a mixing bowl and add the melted chocolate.
- Grab a wooden spoon and gently stir in the chocolate, ensuring that all of it is covered in chocolate.
- Then spread the chocolate popcorn out on a baking sheet or baking mat and sprinkle, liberally with sea salt or kosher salt.
- Let it sit for 3-4 hours or until dry and then put in airtight container until ready to serve.