Cook Time: 6 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 4 )
4 cup water
8 whole blades of fresh lemongrass (about 5” long)
1 pinch grated ginger (to taste)
3 whole sprigs Indian basil (12 to 16 leaves)
2 whole sprigs Thai basil (8 to 10 leaves)
3 whole sprigs fresh mint (8 to 10 leaves)
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Bring the water to boil in a pot.
- Chop the lemongrass into half and tear the herbs once.
- Put all lemongrass, herbs and the ginger in to the boiling water and turn down the heat to low.
- Let the teas simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Cover the pot and let the flavors infuse for another couple of minutes.
- Strain the tea into four cups.
Note: You can also let it cool and then refrigerate it before serving, but it is best warm.