Spinach & Feta Wonton Ravioli Recipe
Photo Credit: Recipe Corner – Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 20 min
( Serves 12 )
24 whole wonton wrappers
3 cup fresh spinach
1 cup feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add spinach and saute until wilted and tender.
- Remove spinach from heat and spoon over a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top of the spinach and press down to remove excess water.
- Coarsely chop the spinach and transfer to a food processor. Add feta cheese, nutmeg, and salt. Puree until feta cheese is broken down into small pieces.
- On a sheet pan or cutting board, lay out 12 wonton wrappers. Spoon about 1 or 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Dip a finger into a glass of water, then run it along the 4 edges of each wonton skin.
- Lay a second whole wonton wrapper over the first layer with filling. Press down firmly to seal your ravioli shut, making sure to get rid of all the air bubbles. To get rid of air bubbles, press the skins together starting from the base of the filling, then work your way to the edges.
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil. Drop 3 or 4 wontons into the water and allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to fish out the raviolis. Repeat until all of the raviolis are cooked.
- Drizzle olive oil over ravioli. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
*Recipe Corner original recipe, developed by editor Amanda Patton.
**Total cost: Under $10