Photo Credit: Recipe Corner – Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 12 )
12 cup popcorn (about 2 bags of popcorn)
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
red food coloring
pink food coloring
1 cup Valentine M&Ms
Coarse sea salt (to taste)
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread popcorn over the parchment-lined baking sheets. Set aside.
- Heat a double boiler: Fill a small or medium-sized saucepan halfway with water; bring to a simmer over low heat. Place a glass or metal mixing bowl on top of the saucepan (the bowl should not touch the water).
- Pour 3/4 cup white chocolate chips into the warm bowl and stir the chocolate until it is completely melted. Add a few drops of red food coloring and stir until dye is completely incorporated and color is to your liking. Remove bowl of chocolate from saucepan.
- Drizzle the red melted chocolate over both sheet pans of popcorn.
- Clean the bowl you just used or grab a new one and set it back on top of the saucepan of simmering water. Add the remaining 3/4 white chocolate chips to the bowl and stir until melted. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and stir until color is to your liking. Remove bowl of chocolate from saucepan.
- Drizzle the pink melted chocolate over both sheet pans of popcorn.
- Sprinkle M&Ms and salt over popcorn.
- Allow white chocolate to harden before serving.