Cook Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 5 min
( Serves 4 )
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounce (about 3 1/2 cups) green beans (stem ends removed and halved crosswise)
1 whole medium onion (1/2 inch thick) (halved and sliced)
2 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) coconut milk
1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
1 pinch Coarse salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place cornstarch in a small bowl; whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth (reserve remaining broth). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add green beans and onion; cook, tossing frequently, until they begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add curry paste to green beans and onion in skillet. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of skillet, until paste is slightly darkened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken, coconut milk, cornstarch mixture, and reserved chicken broth. Simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add basil and lime juice.
- Season with salt, and stir to combine; serve over rice.