Zesty Shrimp Sandwich with Avocado Sour Cream Recipe
Photo Credit: Recipe Corner - Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 8 min
Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 6 )
For the Shrimp Sandwich:
1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 whole french rolls (or 2 whole french baguettes, each cut into 3 sections)
1 bunch romaine lettuce leaves
1 1/2 whole tomatoes (thinly sliced)
For the Avocado Sour Cream:
1/2 cup sour cream
2 whole avocados (pitted and chopped)
1 whole lemon (juiced)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 whole garlic cloves (peeled)
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine canola oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Use a fork to stir the spices and oil until well-combined. Add shrimp to the bowl and toss with spice mixture until all of the shrimp are well-coated.
- Arrange shrimp on prepared baking sheet; roast in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and firm.
- While the shrimp are roasting, prepare the Avocado Sour Cream: In a food processor, combine sour cream, avocados, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and salt. Puree until mixture is smooth. If there are lumps, scrape the sides of the processor's bowl and puree again until no lumps remain.
- Remove shrimp from oven and assemble sandwiches: evenly distribute shrimp, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato amongst the 6 french rolls.
- Generously slather or drizzle avocado sour cream over the shrimp sandwich before topping with buns. Serve immediately (or shrimp can be made ahead of time and reheated, if you wish).