Green Tea Chicken & Avocado Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: Recipe Corner - Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 1 hour (marinating time)
( Serves 4 )
For the marinade:
1 cup hot brewed green tea
1 1/2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
2 whole garlic cloves (minced)
2 tablespoon sesame oil
For the salad:
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 whole large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cup fresh arugula
2 whole avocados (skin and seeds removed, sliced)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- In a large bowl, stir hot tea and honey together until honey completely dissolves. Allow mixture to cool. Add coriander, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Use a whisk to stir the mixture until well-combined.
- Place chicken breasts in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour in half of marinade. Seal bag and allow chicken to chill 1-5 hours.
- Add lemon juice to remaining marinade and stir to combine. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring remaining marinade to a simmer and allow to cook for 8-9 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken breast from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Use a paper towel to dab excess moisture from chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pan and cook until browned (and insides are no longer pink), about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Distribute arugula evenly amongst 4 salad plates. Arrange a few slices of avocado and chicken over arugula on each plate. Sprinkle red onion and pecans over each plate, then drizzle with green tea sauce. Serve immediately.