Photo Credit: Recipe Corner - Amanda Patton
Cook Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 25 min
( Serves 4 )
For the Buffalo Poached Chicken:
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
2 whole garlic cloves (crushed)
1 cup white wine (optional)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the Baked Potatoes:
4 whole large Russet potatoes (scrubbed clean)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
Prepare the baked potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub potatoes with canola oil; use a fork to prick some holes into each potato.
- Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking tray; baked for about 1 hour, or until tender.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before assembling buffalo baked potatoes.
While the potatoes cook, poach the chicken:
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the bottom of a medium-sized pot. Scatter the salt, peppercorns, and garlic over the top of the chicken. Optional: pour wine over chicken.
- Pour in enough cool water to cover the chicken by an inch or so. Place the pot of chicken on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the chicken simmer until the thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees F, about 10-14 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and place it on a cutting board. Allow chicken to cool before shredding the breasts with a fork.
Mix and assemble the Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes:
- In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, hot sauce, and melted butter. Add shredded chicken to bowl and toss to combine.
- Cut each potato down the middle and open to create a pouch. Stuff each baked potato pouch with buffalo chicken, cheddar, and blue cheese.
- Bake potatoes for another 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees F until cheese is melted. Optional: Broil for 1 min to get the cheese crispy.
- Serve each potato with a tablespoon of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.