Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
Cook Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 25 min
( Serves )
7 ounce thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon butter (salted)
2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1 whole medium onion (chopped)
1/2 cup celery (chopped)
1/2 cup green bell peppers (chopped)
1/2 cup red bell peppers (chopped)
2 can (10 3/4 oz.) 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup nonfat milk
8 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
2 cup chicken (cooked, chopped)
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 dash salt and pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but only cook it until it's al dente (you still want a little bite to it). Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, celery and bell peppers.
- Cook until the vegetables have softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and soup until smooth.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables in the pan.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Continue to heat the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add in chicken, pasta and Tabasco, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle Jack cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and golden brown.
- Wine: Pinot Noir
- Side: Grilled and Glazed Carrots Recipe (click here)
|Calories: 490.50||Fat: 22.50 g|
|Saturatedfat: 12.30 g||Fiber: 2.70 g|
|Protein: 31.00 g||Cholesterol: 89.30 mg|
|Carbohydrates: 39.40 g|